If you are in the area of U.C. Davis, and of the mind, you should come on by the Hutchison Field this Saturday, the 18th. The demonstrations are quick and you have to be on top of your game with your camera.
Our demonstration starts at 12:340pm.
More about the event:
This upcoming weekend is the 101st annual UC Davis Picnic Day. They have "Animal Events," "Special Events," "Exhibits," and the "SOF," or Student Organization Fair.
Under Animal Events, the flyer says
"Animal Events has over 40 events involving various animals including dogs, cats, birds, horses, goats, cows, rats and more! Come learn about horse anatomy at our painted horse event at the Cole Facility, meet an adoptable Great Pyrenees at Hutchison Field, or watch the races at Doxie Derby in the Pavilion"
Amongst the fun there will be a Doxie Derby, Cockroach Races, Police K9 Show, Various rescue organizations looking to find a home for some of their animals in need, and the like. We will be sharing our part of the field with:
- American Brittany Rescue,
- Canine Companions for Independence - Volunteer and Program Information,
- Meet the Birds and Volunteers of Mickaboo Companion Bird Rescue,
- New Foundland Dog Info,
- NorCal Sheltie Rescue,
- Northern California Weimaraner Rescue,
- Yolo Canine Academy and Rotts of Friends,
- Golden Gate Basset Rescue,
- Kiss-A-Bull Pit Bull Education and Kissing Booth,
- Labs 2 Love Rescue,
- NorCal Boxer Rescue,
- Palomacy Pigeon & Dove Adoptions,
- Yolo County Animal Shelter ,
- Performance Dogs in Action (10:30AM-1:30PM),
- Canine Medicine Club Frisbee Dog Contest (11:00AM-2:00PM).
- Disc Dogs of the Golden Gate Demonstration, starting at 12:30PM.
The schedule with a few more details is on page 9 of the PDF file linked below. If I am not mistaken, the Performance Dogs in Action will be, like last year, sheep herding, and dang, IS THAT IMPRESSIVE to watch. No, Vader does not herd sheep all that well. He ends up with wool floss after trying.
But the Frisbee Dog Contest that runs from 11am to 2pm, is a toss and fetch contest for any who are interested, BUT YOU HAD TO PRE-REGISTER, so all you can do is watch if you haven't signed up yet.
It is still fun to watch folks compete in the toss and fetch.