Monday, January 27, 2014

Hops is BAD for Dogs


I'm not sure if you heard, but that magical ingredient in beer, hops, is toxic to dogs!  Yes, hops!

The reason that its toxic is that even a few ounces of hops can cause what’s called malignant hypethermia, which is a tricky term for severe & rapid overheating.  Malignant hyperthermia causes panting, vomiting, abdominal pain and seizures.  Death can follow shortly after!

If you are a home beer brewer, you need to make sure you keep your hops pellets and spent hops inside sealed containers and out of reach of “man’s best friend.”

And don’t even think about putting composted spent hops anywhere around that a dog can get to because hops flavored with malt may be particularly attractive to dogs.

In other words, hops can kill dogs quickly and painfully.

So please be careful!
- - - - -

No comments:

Post a Comment